problems building on tru64 unix

Gene Hilton hilton at boulder.nist.gov
Thu Dec 6 16:40:03 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm having trouble building and of the 2.2 series on tru64 unix.
I get

Compiling smbd/dir.c
smbd/dir.c:628:70: macro "stat" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 2
smbd/dir.c:677:13: macro "stat" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 2
make: *** [smbd/dir.o] Error 1

I'm using OSF v5.1 and gcc v3.0.2 (built on this machine).

I think the problem is because in /usr/include/sys/stat.h on this machine,
stat is defined as a macro (it calls some funny named routine) and so when
the pointer in the vfs_op structure is expaned it is a macro not a call.

The 2.0.x versions build fine (and run great!)
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gene Hilton
303 497 5679