Problems with my Samba server

frank michels ccdjvvw at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 15:10:04 GMT 2001

Please help!

The following is the response I get when typing
"nmblookup -d 2 '*'" at the prompt on the samba
server.

(In this email the real class C server address was
replaced with 1.2.3.242 and the real bcast address was
replaced with 1.2.3.255)

bkproxysrv2#
added interface ip=1.2.3.242 bcast=1.2.3.255
nmask=255.255.255.0
querying * on 1.2.3.255
Got a positive name query response from 1.2.3.242 (
1.2.3.242 )
1.2.3.242 *<00>

According to the samba documentation I should receive
a list of at least a few more PC's (that subnet
contains more then 200 NT 4.0 workstations)

The is what I get from my PC on which I'm logged in
with the same user name and password that we have
setup on the samba server.

C:\>net view \\bkproxysrv2
System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

C:\>net use x: \\bkproxysrv2\administrator
/user:administrator
The password is invalid for
\\bkproxysrv2\administrator.

Type the password for \\bkproxysrv2\administrator:
System error 1240 has occurred.

The account is not authorized to login from this
station.

Now in my view the two problems are related but if you
think otherwise or if you think you might be able to
solve the problem please let me know ASAP.
Thanks in advance
Michel