Synchronizing passwords

Rashkae rashkae at wealthmap.ca
Thu Dec 6 13:23:02 GMT 2001

As a follow up this this thread, Myself and Kmudcat have continued a few
exhanges off list.

It turns out that he has Security = DOMAIN and is authentication users
via a Windows NT PDC....

The original problem was that Win 2K clients request a password every time
a connection to a Samba share is made.

I am not familiar enough with this scenario to know what is causing this,
or the appropriate solution. It would appear that since Encryption = Yes
was put in, nobody can connect to Samba Shares. I will let KmudCat fill in
any details I have wrong.

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

Rashkae wrote:

> As an alternative answer, read Encryption.txt in the Samba documentation
> for instruction on implementing encrypted passwords. If all your clients
> are newer, (Win 95 and up), this can potentially greatly simplify your
> life.

So much so that in Samba 3.0, this will be the default.

Andrew Bartlett