samba access over NAT?

Geoffrey Gallaway geoffeg at fuse.net
Thu Dec 6 10:50:03 GMT 2001

Hello all,

Lately I've been trying to diagnose a strange problem I've been having with
a samba set up. I have a laptop running windows 2000 professional connected
over a wavelan hub. The wavelan hub can do NAT or just be a straight
accesspoint (bridging mode). In NAT mode, I can access other windows 2000
shares (via the \\machinename\share method) but I can not access my samba
server (via the \\ipaddress\share method). In non-NAT (bridging mode)
everything works fine, I can easily access my samba shares and my windows
2000 shares. I've been trying to figure out why I can't access my samba
shares when in bridging mode, anyone have any ideas?

Just as a note, the samba server is not behind (or on) the wavelan
connection, it is on the other side of the hub (direct connection)...

Thanks,
Geoffeg