Adobe Photoshop uses wrong permissions when saving, default ACLs and create mask being ignored.

JW wilson at claborn.net
Thu Dec 6 09:39:14 GMT 2001

I just thought I would confirm that I have had very similar problems with PhotoShop 5.5 and 6.0

I always thought it was just me - glad to see others are having this problem.

It is indeed only Photoshop that has this problem. For me it is somewhat random - doesn't happen all the time.

I have the mask set to force permissions that would normally look like the following:

-rw-rw-r--    1 jw       users       14681 Jun  3  2001 txdexamp.tif

But when it fouls up it actually ends up looking like the following:

-------r--    1 jw       users       14681 Jun  3  2001 txdexamp.tif

A fix to this would certainly be appreciated.