Synchronizing passwords

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Dec 6 07:26:04 GMT 2001

Hi Kevin,
As long as you continue to use cleartext passwords (encrypt passwords = no
in smb.conf)
you are just gonna have to LIVE with this behavior.  This is a design change
for newer clients
like win2k, where it will NOT send a cleartext password accross the wire
without explicit interactive
confirmation (the username/password window) from a human.
Sorry,
Don