smbstatus connection.tdb not initialised

Mazur, Joyce A CECOM SMC OPS Joyce.Mazur at mail1.monmouth.army.mil
Thu Dec 6 06:04:05 GMT 2001

HI,

I recently upgraded from SAMBA 2.0.7 to SAMBA 2.2.2.  I downloaded the
binaries (from samba.org binary packages) for
HP UX 10.20.  I am able to map drives and print however when
I execute smbstatus (even at the root level) I get

connections.tdb not initialised.

This file does not exist in the /var/opt/samba/locks directory.

I changed my log level to 3 to try to see what is going on but there is
no complaining about the missing file.

Not sure where to look next, hoping someone can help.

Thanks

Joyce Mazur
USA CECOM SMC
Ft Monmouth, NJ