Filesize problem with smbfs

Federico Sevilla III jijo at leathercollection.ph
Wed Dec 5 17:01:24 GMT 2001

Urban,

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 at 15:08, Urban Widmark wrote:
> smbfs doesn't handle files larger than 2GB.

Ack. :(

> You can try this:
>     http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/lfs.html
>
> Note that it is experimental (so I want to know if it works or not)

Hmm... perhaps I'll attempt a test over the weekend using a workstation
somewhere here. Do you have any idea when the LFS patch for smbfs will
attempt to get into the stable kernel? Or is it "2.5 stuff"? How about the
smbmount LFS support?

> You will find that the files differ. smbfs will wrap at 2G and start
> reading the file on the server from block 0 again.

Ugh. It's a good thing I didn't decide to go through those 2G loops until
I got to 2T with md5sum! Thanks for the info. :)

 --> Jijo

Federico Sevilla III  :: jijo at leathercollection.ph
Network Administrator :: The Leather Collection, Inc.
GnuPG Key: <http://jijo.leathercollection.ph/jijo.gpg>