Directory problems - not active directory

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Wed Dec 5 05:02:12 GMT 2001

I use samba every day, and it works perfectly except :

I work for a reseller of a contact manager which runs on windows, doesn't
support UNC pathnames, but does support mapped drives, to all real windows
servers, and with an option, to a novell server.

The trouble is, this program uses directory structure intensively and
doesn't seem to be able to create directories properly on a samba
share.  There is no error, but it simply doesn't work.  You add a contact,
and it cannot be seen.  I would appreciate it if someone can either suggest
some things to try or would be willing to install it on a client on their
samba server to play about with the logging, and understand what is not
working correctly.  I have tried the obvious things, and the share works in
explorer and DOS as far as making directories are concerned, but not to the
program.  I firmly believe it is an application error rather than a
configuration error on the samba machine.

I would really appreciate any help and/or suggestions.

Martyn Ranyard
Development Manager
Synergistic Software
www.syn.co.uk