Solaris8 print share

Gary Ferrer gary at ferrer.yi.org
Tue Dec 4 22:50:07 GMT 2001

Hi,
Well I upgraded to Samba 2.2.2 on Solaris 8.  Somehow, printing does not work anymore.  I had it working in 2.0.7 but I mucked something up (perhaps on solaris) and I don't know how to get it working again.  Can someone help me start clean with what I need to do on the solaris side so I can print via samba?  My printer is an HP Deskjet 694C on Solaris 8 /dev/lp1.  I have a printer defined as hpjet_ps (which may be the problem).  When I setup a printer share [HPDeskjet], network neighbourhood (in Win 98) can see it ok but when I try to install the printer, a message pops up saying that "Tthe network printer is currently offline.  You can install the printer now but won't be able to use it until it becomes online".  I've gone through all the documentation and archives but I can't figure this out.

Please help.

Thanks.

Gary Ferrer
gary at ferrer.yi.org