Printing & Samba 2.0.7

Shane Machon shane at twoplums.com.au
Tue Dec 4 16:40:04 GMT 2001

Greetings,

The DOS program is client/server program running from the linux server
and accessed by the windows clients on the network via tcp/ip. There is
simply a shortcut to the program from each client to access the program
from the linux box via samba. All printing is contolled by a mapped LPT
driver on the client computers. The printer configured in samba on the
linux server is a HP 6L Laserjet.

The samba server is simply a PDC/fileserver for windows clients on the
network.

Hope this is what you are after. Let me know if you need more info.

Cheers,
Shane.

--
SHANE MACHON
Network Administrator

  PO Box 334, Manly
  NSW, 1655, Australia
  Tel. +61 2 9970 5242
  Fax. +61 2 9970 8262
  Eml. shane at twoplums.com.au

    TPP Internet Development (NetNames Australasia)
    The International Domain Name Registry
    Registering Domain Names in over 200 countries
    http://www.netnames.com.au
    http://www.internetdevelopment.com.au
    http://www.twoplums.com.au