Samba 3.0 Alpha

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Tue Dec 4 13:10:10 GMT 2001

Hans Rasmussen wrote:

> Does net rpc join work in SAMBA (using HEAD from CVS compiled this morning)
> Configured with ACL, with PAM, and with WINBIND.
>
> It seems that I cannot rejoin my domain (PDC is NT4sp6a) after I turfed
> machine.sid and secrets.tdb.  I tried using smbpasswd first and was informed
> to use net join rpc instead.
>
> Logs available if needed.

Sombody is quick off the mark!

I only added that yesterday :-)

You will need to remove the computer from the domain (using server
manager or equiv) before you can re-join.  The code is meant to be able
to just reset the password, but I havn't got that working again.

I'm due to add 'net rpc leave' today, as well as finishing the cull of
the -j option to smbpasswd.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org