It goes out of the window, or it stays in windows

Dennis Rosheuvel Sr. D.Rosheuvel at chello.nl
Tue Dec 4 11:31:03 GMT 2001

I have installed RedHat Linux 7.2 and tried to get Samba working.
I have tried a lot, but I keep bouncing the fact that on the linuxserver it
is not possible to lookup itself using: nmblookup linuxserver.
All other machines in the network are ok. I can find them through the
nmblookup easy.

Broadcast is ok, subnet mask brought back to 255.255.255.0, in fact it seems
that all is in place as I have created a separate network for this purpose.
Trying to do a net view or net use from the Windows 98 PC is dramatic. Keep
getting the error 59: Unexpected network error bla bla gates bla.