"could not connect to host - localhost"

Orenstein, Dave Dave.Orenstein at abc.com
Mon Dec 3 14:48:04 GMT 2001

Sorry!  I forgot how I went around in circles trying to find the settings.
On my system it was under the following menu tree:

Gnome Foot (Start)
KDE  Menus
settings
webbrowsing
proxies

Assuming that you're using a proxy, if you entered the proxy info elsewhere
it will appear in this browser proxy configuration utility.  Enable the
option

[X] No proxy for

and add both localhost and your local net, for example:

localhost, *.MY_LOCAL_NETWORK.EXT

substituting your network name and the appropriate .com or .org or .net
or whatever to make your entire local network browseable.