trying to join WinNT/2000 Domain

Bill Parker dogbert at mail.netnevada.net
Mon Dec 3 14:25:01 GMT 2001

Hi All,

	When I attempt to join a domain //dbsroot, I get the following
error message:

[root at fileserver samba.d]# smbpasswd -j //dbsroot
cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine
DBSROOT. Error was : NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT.
2001/12/03 13:20:34 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain //DBSROOT.
Unable to join domain //DBSROOT.

What am I missing here (confusing stuff).  I also understand
Samba 3.0 is in Alpha test right now, and will have native
active directory support for Win2K systems (or am I wrong again)?

-Bill