Can't connect from Windows 2000

Barker, Brian W. BRIAN.W.BARKER at saic.com
Mon Dec 3 13:47:03 GMT 2001

If my memory is correct, I got this message awhile back (others
have seen this message also). I had changed from Win95 (which was
working) to Win2000, Samba stopped working and I got your message.
I had to add:

encrypt passwords = yes

to smb.conf and then also run:

smbpasswd...

on my Unix machine, then set up the same username and password
on my Unix machine and my Win2000 machine. I still can't get it
to work for both the Win95 and Win2000 machines at the same time...

Brian W. Barker
SAIC
Rosslyn, VA