"could not connect to host - localhost"

Adams, Christopher Chris.Adams at starbase.com
Mon Dec 3 12:05:32 GMT 2001

To be honest if his error were not "could not connect to host - localhost"
when trying to use Kon. then it could be either a security issue or a
passwords issue.  But the error he gets when using Kon. is quite evident.

That is a "known" bug in KDE that has been reported time and time again.  We
have to look at the path he used to get this error.  Christian's advice is
still a good idea to look in to.  It may not be as obvious as we think it is
with the GUI browsing and could in fact be security, but I do recommend
installing the Komba2 nevertheless.

I'm almost positive that your problem lies within the browsing limitations
of Konq. and not security issues.  Thusly, I choose to help directly you in
eliminating your GUI as an issue first.

Christopher Adams
Sr. UNIX Network Admin.
Starbase Corp.