Domain accounts locking out...

Wade Winright Wwinrigh at thecreek.com
Mon Dec 3 11:07:02 GMT 2001

Hello all,
I have something interesting that is happening.
I have setup 2 samba servers, one print and one file server. Things were
going along nicely, when all of a sudden a users account in the NT domain
started locking out every minute or so. This seemed to stop once the samba
systems were shut down. Could the samba server be trying to authenticate
against the PDC and locking this person out? In the logs, I see users that
are not connecting to the print server being authenticated as if they are
connecting. Any ideas? Here is a copy of my smb.conf:

[global]
      log level = 3
      workgroup = XXX
      netbios name = LNXPRN01
      server string = Samba Server
      interfaces = eth0
      security = SERVER
      encrypt passwords = Yes
      password server = XXXPDC01
      log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
      max log size = 50
      announce version = 5.0
      change notify timeout = 180
      deadtime = 10
      socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_RCVBUF=32768
SO_SNDBUF=32768
      printcap name = lpstat
      add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd %U -g smbuser
      delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %U
      preferred master = False
      domain master = False
      dns proxy = No
      wins server = XXXXXXXX.102