Printing problem with Samba2.2.2 + W2K

qingjuan gu guqj at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 08:36:02 GMT 2001

 Hello,

I am trying to print to an HP LaserJet 2100 Series
PS using samba in the environment Win2K. I can not
print to HP LaserJet 2100 Series PS using samba server
correctly.

The _printers_ window inW2K show me the printer
lp1(printer name) on athena(unix server name) is
READY. I can print anything through this printer, but
the problem is that there are always two EXTRA BLANK
PAGES printed. I can use this print locally without
any problem.

Does anybody have idea about this problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

Grace

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = BIOINFO
	netbios name = ATHENA
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	update encrypted = Yes
	log level = 6
	log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.smbd.biopc3
	max log size = 1000
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
	wins support = Yes
#	oplocks = Yes

[homes]
	browseable = No
	map archive = yes

#[printers]
#	path = /var/spool/smbprint
#	print command = /usr/bin/lp
#	guest ok = Yes
#	min print space = 2000
#	printable = Yes
#	browseable = Yes
[lp1]
	path = /var/spool/smbprint
	print command = /usr/bin/lp -d lp1 -s %s
	printer = lp1
	guest ok = Yes
	min print space = 2000
	printable = Yes
	browseable = Yes
	read only  = Yes
	printing = SYSV
	use client driver = Yes
	disable spoolss = Yes
	printer driver = HP LaserJet 2100 Series PS

[qingjuan]
	comment = For testing only, please
	path = /export/samba/qingjuan
	guest ok = Yes
	read only =no
#	include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.