File transfer speed issue

Colin Haffenden chaffend at msxi-euro.com
Mon Dec 3 06:23:02 GMT 2001

Kohei,

Thanks for your help so far.

I am going through the DIAGNOSIS.txt but on test 7 it is failiing with
BAD PASSWORD.

Do you know whether the compiled Samba 2.2.2 from Sunfreeware has
shadow password support?

Thanks,

Colin.

>>> Kohei Yoshida <kyoshida at mesco.com> 11/30/01 06:25pm >>>
Well, comparing your smb.conf to mine, the only differences that I see
pertinent is that I use

keepalive = 30
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=16384 \
SO_RCVBUF=16384 SO_KEEPALIVE

But I honestly think this shouldn't make a performance gain or loss
significant enough to stop data transfer altogether.

The only thing I can say to you at this point is to follow the
DIAGNOSIS.txt that you find in the samba tarball under "docs/textdocs".

This should help you narrow down where the problem is.  If the problem
is reproducible, then turn on your logging facility and check the log
see if there is any kind of error messages there.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Kohei