Cannot access CD-ROM

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Dec 2 08:00:12 GMT 2001

Would it not be more reliable if you didn't mount the cdrom each time
someone logged on to it? Why not just keep the cdrom mounted all the time?
There is no postexec command to umount it, so it will stay mounted once
anyone used it.
Does /etc/mount /cdrom works when run from the command line?
This works fine for me, once my cdrom is mounted:
[cdrom]
        comment = CDROM
        path = /mnt/cdrom
        guest ok = Yes