NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED??

=?big5?q?=AE=E6=B6W=20=B3\?= vuleky2002 at yahoo.com.tw
Sun Dec 2 00:39:03 GMT 2001

I have done more tests.

1. change hostname to "abcde123456789"
2. add machine account
3. run smbpasswd -j DOM -r DomControl, and it ok.

4. change hostname to "abcde1234567899"
5. add machine account
6. run smbpasswd -j DOM -r DomControl, and it fails
again.

The previous NT domain controller is NT4 sp4. Then, I
build a new NT domain with domain controller as W2k
server. And I get the same result.

Any comments?

---------------------

>> I installed Samba2.0.7 on my FreeBSD 4.1 box and
joined an NT domain. It worked perfect until I changed
the hostname today. I found that I couldn't change the
machine password if hostname length is 15. The
precedure I do is

>> 1. stop samba
>> 2. change hostname to "abcde1234567890"
>> 3. add the machine account in PDC
>> 4. run smbpasswd -j DOM -r DomControl, then I get
the following error message.

>> cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
>> cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
>> modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC
credentials to machine DomControl. Error was :
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
>> 2001/11/30 16:58:03 :
change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain DOM.
>> Unable to join domain DOM.

>> Is this Samba's limitation? I have tested 2.0.7,
2.0.8, and 2.2 and got the same result.