Printing Problem with NT and Samba

amit deshmukh adeshmuk at eng.utoledo.edu
Sat Dec 1 10:34:03 GMT 2001

Hi,
	I tried with debug level 3 and I can see that NO CALL is made to
lpr. I read more about this stuff in samba docs. Seems like with Spoolss
disabled, only printer admins are able to print. This problem doesn't
occur if you use new 'use client driver' option. But the problem is if the
printers are configured with this option ON, the printers are configured
as Samba port printers instead of Lanman printers. So the only way I could
get successful was using 'disble spoolss' while configuring the printers
and 'use client driver' while using them. But this solution is
inacceptable for obvious reasons. Seems to me like a bug in samba.

regards
Amit

Amit Deshmukh
Graduate Student (EECS)