Logged in, but can't see Win2000 shares from linux

Richard Harvey Chapman hchapman at 3gfp.com
Mon Apr 30 23:41:33 GMT 2001

My MIS department just recently upgraded our print servers to a clustered
Win2000 box, and I can no longer see the shares on the Win2000 server from
linux. A run of "smbclient -L \\win2000_server -Uname%passwd" will
authenticate correctly(assumption), and I get the browse list of machines,
but the shares list is always empty. I sent an ascii text file using
RedHat's printtool and sniffed the connection.

To highly summarize:
Session request
Positive session response
SMBnegprot Request
SMBnegprot Response
SMBsesssetupXRequest
SMBsesssetupXResponse
SMBtconX Request
SMBtconX Response  -- This fails with an "unknown DOS error (43)."

I can provide tcpdump captures if necessary. I'm sort of stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

R.