VPN?

Oren Levy orenalevy at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 19:06:04 GMT 2001

Actually, my experience is that by and large users are
really dumb; I make no distinction between
unintelligent and too lazy to think--the result is the
same. :)

I never considered using plain old file sharing and
only considered a true (secure) VPN. Even so, I can
see how a VPN accessed from an insecure (home, mobile,
etc.) computer could pose huge security problems.

Admittedly, my question was tangential, but related,
to Samba as I figured Samba users also have set up
their shares to be remotely accessed. Under Linux it
seems like PopTop is the best solution so far. Setting
up a VPN with Win2k is very easy - but am I to
understand that it is also insecure?

Thanks...