Dub Printing Issues

Todd Swain tswain at attglobal.net
Sun Apr 29 18:35:47 GMT 2001

Setup:

Redhat 7.0
LPRng 3.7.4
samba 2.0.7

I have everything working..and working well might I add..expect printing.
This server is acting as primary file and print server for an NT network
with approx. 50 nodes. I have it running in 'security = domain' mode and
auth. has been flawless. Printing even works...for the most part. It seems
when ever a user tries to print multiple copies at one time (i.e. select 2
copies in the print dialog box on the windows client) it prints the first
copy and then one of two things happens. Either a messaage pops up reporting
that it can't print due lack of memory or bad drivers, or it prints the
second copy but the copy has NO resemblence to the origional. Any one have
any thoughts on this one? My first guess was that it was a short coming of
samba 2.0.7. So, I setup a test server with RH7.1 and samba 2.2.0 hoping
that the new RPC support would help with this printing issue. However, it
doesn't appear to have had any effect at all.

Thanks
Todd