Pathname problems

Douglas Egan doug.egan at windriver.com
Mon Apr 30 15:42:32 GMT 2001

Does anyone know if samba has potential problems with pathnames formed like:

s:\tornado\target\h\..\..target\config\m5307c3\config.h

Particularly if there are more than just a couple of ..\..

I have run into this when using gcc 2.96 as well as another product SNiFF+.

Both will run under win2k (sp1) when the filesystem is mounted under NFS, but both seem to have problems when executing from a win2k machine and the fs is mounted with samba.  Samba 2.0.7, 2.0.8 and 2.2.0 all seems to have this problem.

Look forward to hearing comments.

Doug Egan
--
---
| Douglas Egan                            Wind River              |