browsing multiple workgroups on multiple subnets

Inaki Sanchez isanchez at unav.es
Mon Apr 30 15:31:59 GMT 2001

Alex,

I'm a bit confused about this issue. It is my understanding that, along with the names of workgroups, local master browsers, in its browse lists, have the names of its respective local master browsers. When a client wants to browse another workgroup, it will contact its local master browser which, on its behalf, will ask the remote local master browser the lists of server in its workgroup.

Then, why to use broadcast, if local master browsers do know the name of the local master browser for the workgroup to be browsed?

---
Inaki Sanchez
Redes y Comunicaciones
Universidad de Navarra, Spain    <http://www.unav.es>