Win2k Directory Refresh

Mat Grove me at matthewgrove.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 23:10:54 GMT 2001

Howdy,

I am using Samba 2.0.7 on RedHat 7. If I mount a Windows 2000 share I get
some weird behavior:

If I create a file using the Linux or NT machine it does not show up in a
directory listing done from the Linux box, if I then look on the NT machine
the file is there.

If I remount the share the changes are reflected.

Although I can't see the files, if I know the names of them I can read from /
delete them etc. This doesn't happen with shares from other os' like Windows
95 or another Linux machine using Samba.

Any idea what's up?

Cheers, I know your busy but this is driving me nuts.

Mat Grove