Libpamc.so.0 problem

Anthony Abby anthonyabby at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 14:32:06 GMT 2001

I'm relativly new to Linux and Samba so I hope this
doesn't sound like a total newbie problem.

I downloaded the latest Samba rpm
(Samba-2.2.0-1.i686.rpm) and
samba-common-2.2.0-1.i686.rpm and tried to install
them.  When I try to install them I get a dependency
error that says these files are both dependent on
Libpamc.so.0 however I have the latest PAM loaded
(pam-0.72-37) which RPM FIND says should be contained
in my pam file.

I performed a find on my system for libpamc* (find / |
grep libpamc*) which gave me the following files:

/lib/libpam.so
/lib/libpam.so.0.72
/lib/libpam_misc.a
/lib/libpam_misc.so
/lib/libpam_misc.so.72
/lib/libpam_misc.so.0
/lib/libpam.so.0

So can anyone help me out and tell me what I should
install so that I can install the new Samba?

Thanks
Anthony