VPN?

Andrew Judge andyj at aerobuilders.com
Sun Apr 29 14:28:36 GMT 2001

VPN server software does exist for Linux.  Try www.freeswan.org or
www.potop.de.  Those are the two most popular free ones I've seen and
represent ipsec and pptp respectively.  I have tried freeswan, but you need
a third party client for road warriors with windows (usually pgpnet -
expensive).  I believe poptop supports the pptp client in MS win.  You will
also have to patch your kernel for freeswan which is pretty straight
forward, but the configuration can be tricky (at least for me) for client
and server depending on your site.

Best regards,

Andrew Judge