smbmount 2.07-21 & large directories

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Sun Apr 29 09:50:53 GMT 2001

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Brian Ginter wrote:

> I have a Linux box (RH 7.0) that I am using to connect to a share on an NT4sp6a server.

2.2.16 or 2.2.17 kernel, I guess.

> smbmount mounts the share fine, the problem I am having is that a certain directory on the NT
> server appears empty on the Linux box. This directory contains over 300 subdirectories which
> together contain in excess of 30,000 files.
> Is this a limitation of smbmount? any suggestions?

http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/howto/kernel-upgrade/kernel-upgrade.html
http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHSA-2001-047.html

Upgrade your kernel to 2.2.19. Come back if that doesn't help. And while
you are at it get the rest of the fixes too.

http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/rh7-errata.html

/Urban