Samba 2.2.0 Win2K Domain Slight Problem

Edward Muller emuller at learningpatterns.com
Fri Apr 27 20:20:44 GMT 2001

First, thanks to the Samba Team ... 2.2.0 is pretty nice so far

I just got finished setting up a Domain and added two test Win2K machines to
it :-) :-) :-) This makes me very, very happy.

But (there is always a but right) ...

I'd like to be able to create the equivalent of a Domain Admins group ..

Looking around I found man entries for domain admin group and domain admin
users. But setting either of these doesn't seem to have an effect when I try
to play with things under those accounts. I also can't seem to find any good
docs for these settings, so I may just be mis-setting them. The smb.conf man
page says that they are experimental and all, but that's it.

Can anyone help? Or should I go off and join the NT dom mailing list?

Edward Muller
Director of Information Systems
LearningPatterns.com Inc.
Tel: +1-212-422-9410
Fax: +1-212-487-9066
mailto:emuller at learningpatterns.com

Headquarters: +1-212-487-9064
http://www.learningpatterns.com

~~~~~Your Global Source for Java Learning~~~~~