smbsh: smbw: shared variables corrupt (Invalid argument)

J.F. Noonan jfn at msc.com
Fri Apr 27 19:37:23 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm running samba-2.0.7 on BSD/OS 4.2.  When I try to invoke
smbsh, it prompts me for username, password and then immediately
says:

smbw: shared variables corrupt (Invalid argument)

I've searched the archives and one other person has asked this
question, but never got an answer.

Yes, it is dynamically linked, here's the output from file:

smbsh: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1,
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

Any clues cheerfully accetped.

thx,

--

Joseph F. Noonan