file name changed from uppercase to lowercase

Christshonda Campbell christshonda.campbell at bear.com
Fri Apr 27 16:26:25 GMT 2001

I am running HP-UX 11.00.  I have created shares for NT.  I am having a
problem with file names that are previously entered as lowercase will
not allow us to change the name to capital.
For example:
If I add a file to my share \\blue\smith called "giggle" then decide
later to change it to "GiggLe"  the file will automatically be renamed
to "giggle" instead. Now any one that tries to name thier file with
capital letter will not be able to do so. The will have to manually go
into the unix server and change the name.

Is there some type of cache that is causing names to be changed.  This
does not happen if I name the file "Giggle" from the beginning.

We have a lot of users that use the same file names, and once one person
makes a mistake on thier share, no else can change the file name.

Please be aware that, notwithstanding the fact that the person sending
this communication has an address in Bear Stearns' e-mail system, this
person is not an employee, agent or representative of Bear Stearns.
Accordingly, this person has no power or authority to represent, make
any recommendation, solicitation, offer or statements or disclose
information on behalf of or in any way bind Bear Stearns or any of its
affiliates.