Winbind - nearly there.....

Tom Horan thos at esat.com
Fri Apr 27 10:09:08 GMT 2001

I got Winbind compiled from the APPLIANCE_TNG branch. I seem to have it
working great.

I can get a full list of groups from 'getent group', wbinfo gets full list
of users, domains, groups everything. I have setup /etc/pam.d/login so I can
now log into my machine as any domain account.

However, I am having a few problems actually using Samba with it. I am
confused as to what I configuration I should have in my smb.conf.

I have the winbind stuff :

winbind separator = +
winbind cache time = 10
template shell = /bin/bash
template homedir = /home/%D/%U
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000

But what should I have in the rest of my smb.conf in terms of password
server, encrypted passwords, do I need to edit /etc/pam.d/samba ?
Could someone send me a sample smb.conf ?

I just want the server to be a member server, not a dc.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom Horan
System Administrator