tree connect failed: ERRSRV - ERRinvnetname

Jason Straight junfan at penguinfarm.com
Fri Apr 27 09:39:19 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. I run mandrake linux 8.0 with samba
2.0.8 and if I start smb on bootup it works fine. If I start it later than
boot or reset it after bootup whenever I try to get a browselist then I get
this:

[junfan at jkd junfan]$ smbclient -L jkd
added interface ip=12.32.79.69 bcast=12.32.79.79 nmask=255.255.255.240
Password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[PFARM] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.0.8]
tree connect failed: ERRSRV - ERRinvnetname (Invalid network name in tree
connect.)

If I use username root and password root I get the list fine.

I've gone thru the diagnosis.txt and looked on deja, etc... I can't find
anything to pinpoint this problem, and the fact that it works on startup but
not after a smb restart throws me.

Anyone got any ideas?  What are the different things that can cause this
error message, maybe I can eliminate.

Thanks...

--
Jason Straight