A possible virus

Andre Dirr ad at ordix.de
Fri Apr 27 07:05:25 GMT 2001

hi all,
i had the same error! it is no virus, but a bug in mcafee antivirus: it
tries to unzip and check all files in the tarball, but the archive is
big and so the mcafee gets a timeout!
you can solve the problem by setting up the timeout for mcafee in the
registry:
search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared
Components\OnAccess Scanner\McShield\Configuration]
and change this entry ScanArchiveTimeout"=dword:00000005(5)
to ScanArchiveTimeout"=dword:00000040(64)
this will help!
andy/ORDIX AG