Domain Hosted by Samba

Brandon Penglase sysupdates at SpaceServices.net
Fri Apr 27 01:53:40 GMT 2001

Hello,
   I have a PDC up and running off of Samba 2.2.0. All of my Windows 98,
ME, 2k machine login just fine, but I have one small problem with my Linux
Slackware machines joining the domain. This is the erros I get:
root at x:/home/x# smbpasswd -j <domain> -r <server>
cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine
SPACENET. Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
2001/04/26 21:49:13 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain X.
Unable to join domain X.
root at x:/home/x#

Anyone have any idea's of what is wrong?

   Love and Guiding Light,
       Brandon Penglase