Connection question

git at bmts.com git at bmts.com
Thu Apr 26 17:01:28 GMT 2001

Sounds like your SMB Demon is no longer running...
As root, go to your /etc/rc.d/inet.d directory,
which should contain a large number of scrips, one
of which will be smbd. Execue the command:

# ./smbd restart

If the restart fails, report back to us any error
message you received.

Note: These instructions are assuming you are
running a Red Hat or Dirivative distribution of
Linux.

> Hi,
>
> I am fairly new at linux. I have gotten Samba to
work a few times. This
> time, when I try to connect to it, it says " the
remote computer is not
> available". I can ping it just fine.  I have run
testparm, no problems.  I
> read the document
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/DIAGNOSIS.html,
and I am
> failing on test 3. I am not sure what to do at
this point.

> On test 3, (typing smbclient -L linuxrouter),
the error was as follows:
> Positive name query response from 10.0.0.5 (WINS
server)
> read_socket_with_timeout: timeout read. Read
error = Broken pipe.

-