A possible virus

William D. Colburn (aka Schlake) wcolburn at nmt.edu
Thu Apr 26 16:28:14 GMT 2001

Since I just upgraded all my AV yesterday, I redownloaded and checked
the file.  The latest Mcaffe didn't find anything on it.

I do notice that it is different than the one I downloaded earlier.

-rw-r--r--   1 wcolburn daemon    5835120 Apr 17 15:14 samba-2.2.0.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--   1 wcolburn wcolburn  5835104 Apr 26 10:26 samba-latest.tar.gz

Theoretically, those should be the same?

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 10:07:07AM -0600, dan_mcmanus at co.blm.gov wrote:
> I downloaded samba-latest.tar.gz from http://us1.samba.org/samba/ftp/  and
> my anti-virus software said it was infected, but didn't clean it, so I
> deleted it. I downloaded it onto a Windows NT machine. I don't know whether
> it's my software freaking out or an actual problem with the file, but I
> thought I should let you know.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan McManus
>

> --

William Colburn, "Sysprog" <wcolburn at nmt.edu>
Computer Center, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
http://www.nmt.edu/tcc/     http://www.nmt.edu/~wcolburn