handling huge files

Veghelyi Attila attila_v at freemail.hu
Thu Apr 26 13:03:13 GMT 2001

Dear!

I read at http://uk.samba.org/samba/whatsnew/samba-2.0.7.html this:

  -Samba now supports the Windows NT specific SMB requests.  This
  -means that on platforms that are capable Samba now presents a
  -64 bit view of the filesystem to Windows NT clients and is
  -capable of handling very large files.

How? I tried to handle large files, but I can not. 4Gbyte file or less
worked only.
I made some huge files on ext2 and reiser filesystem too ( about 5Gbyte ).
The Linux can handle them ( not all progs, but main utils can - ls, od,
etc ). On NT workstations I saw the files, but their size were 5 - 4 =
1Gbyte. If I tried to copy a huge file from NT to Linux, it stoped at
4Gbyte. There is not problem from NT to NT of course!
What did I configure wrong? The system was: RedHat7.1 ( 2.4.2 kernel ), ext2
and reiser filesystem, samba 2.0.7, NT workstations.
Please help me, because I need for this feature!
Thanx!
Attila