browsing multiple workgroups on multiple subnets

Brock Nanson brock at mail.ocis.net
Thu Apr 26 05:41:29 GMT 2001

Is it possible to browse multiple workgroups on two or more subnets?

I have set up samba on either end of a VPN and can browse successfully from
either end, but only in the workgroup that samba is configured for.  Can
Samba be a member of more than one workgroup at the same time?  Looking in
browse.dat I can see all the machines in samba's workgroup and also the
other workgroups, but not the machines within.

I'm getting close, I can taste it!  Can someone give me a hint as to what to
do next?

Thanks,

R Brock Nanson, P.Eng.
Kamloops BC