Slow Copy WinXX - Linux/Samba :-(

David Rankin drankin at cox-internet.com
Thu Apr 26 03:34:31 GMT 2001

Sorry it took so long to get back to you Andrew. I had my 2 year olds birthday
party this weekend (what a production) and then I was in Houston on Monday and
Tuesday..

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> You could try installing Samba 2.2.0, there should be some RPMS on
> samba.org.

I am somewhat hesitant, until 2.2.0 has been subject to the litmus test of
time. (Not to mention, if I break something on the install -- I'm hosed..) I
have been reading the list for keeping note of the installation anomolies and
I am almost confortable enough to try the install.

> It fixes a LOT of things, but I'm not sure about your particular
> problem.

I saw some threads lately concerning alpha 2 or 3 that spoke about the same
problem. I don't recall seeing anything yet with 2.2.0.

> What are the network cards?  Are there collisions on the hub?

Linksys LNE 100TX on both - No collisions on the hub

> What do the logfiles say?

Nothing? I checked /var/log/messages and the /var/log/samba logs and there are
NO unusual entries running at level 0. What debug level would you suggest? 3?

--
David Rankin
Nacogdoches, Texas