%U and %u functionality change in 2.2??

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Wed Apr 25 22:11:49 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Jason Haar wrote:
>
> > A "me too". There definitely appears to be a problem with "%u" expansion.
> >

> Yeah.  Jeremy found it and posted a patch for 2.2.0.  Check the list
> archives.  Will be fixed in 2.2.1.  Sorry.
>
> Cheers, jerry
> SAMBA Team

I think the patch Jeremy commited only changed the "case" of the value
returned. I didn't look to see if it changed calling advanced_sub
vs basic_sub on things like the include line and I believe the log
file name line. %U and %u are not processed in basic_sub.
Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177