Error with 2.2.0

Trevor Benson Tbenson at associatedbp.com
Wed Apr 25 22:07:18 GMT 2001

   I just installed the latest version on my server, and had a few issues
with the /var/lock files not going where they needed. I moved the
connections.tdb into /var/lock/samba and that relieved 1 error.  But now
when I run samba, I get no status, or start or stop messages at all. Also
smbstatus gives me the error below when run.  Is there anyplace someone
would suggest I look for this information, doesn't seem to be in the
smbstatus man page, and I don't mind RTFM, just need to be pointed in the
right direction. Thanks for any assistance.

Samba version 2.2.0
Service      uid      gid      pid     machine

Failed to open byte range locking database
ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
Can't initialise locking module - exiting

Thanks,
Trevor Benson
Director of Information Technology
Associated Business Products