%U and %u functionality change in 2.2??

Matthew Keller kellermg at potsdam.edu
Wed Apr 25 16:39:20 GMT 2001

On 25 Apr 2001 09:16:07 -0700, Gerald Carter wrote:
> Is it not being expanded?

    It seems to be interpretted literally within the include line.
    Within the "path" line, %U is returning the username in all caps,
    and %u is returning the username in lowercase (or, perhaps
    "properly").

> Can you give me the details surrounding the
> problem and send me a level 10 debug log when it fails?

    Attached (.gz'd cuz of the size).

    Relevant examples are as below. In 2.0, both of these worked as
    expected with %U - I had to change the path line to %u because it was
    looking for the file with all caps (eg.
    "/home/remote/www/users/TESTUSER" instead of "/testuser"). The
    include line bombs regardless.

[WebFolder]
        writable = yes
        comment = Your Web Server Space
        path = /home/remote/www/users/%u

include = /usr/local/samba/lib/users/%U.conf

--

Matthew Keller
Enterprise System Analyst

http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/