ftp.samba.org is confusing!

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Wed Apr 25 14:22:36 GMT 2001

the directory /pub has a link of . to pub so you can go /pub/pub/pub
as many times as you like and go nowhere. Go to /pub/samba and then
decend from there to find what you want. I always use my web browser
for downloads but that is a personal choice. The browser also works
for ftp://www.samba.org/pub/samba

"M.L. Nongkhlaw" wrote:

> dear all,
>
> I don't understand the file hierarchy at ftp.samba.org, for example, there
> are so many levels repeated, like /pub/pub/pub. For software and
> documentation downloads, which one is better is better, ftp or web? And is
> the ftp site updated?
>
> Please shed some light!
>
> Mark.
>
> --

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177