Samba with Open Server & W2k

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Wed Apr 25 14:11:51 GMT 2001

You need to upgrade (preferably to 2.2.0) as there were a lot of
problems fixed with respect to Win2K clients. Also if you want
to use plaintext passwords, make sure you have rebooted the client
after applying the registry patch.

Vives Ignasi wrote:

>  Hi,
>         I'm Sco Open Server user, and I use my SCO Open Server 5.0.4 with Samba
> 2.0.3 with clients Win95, this is Ok.
>         But now I'm trying add clients with Windows 2000 professional and it's
> impossible to connect with my server, the client machine ever display this
> message:
>
> "The account is not authorized to log in from this station"
>
> The user account is the same that Win95 client.
>
> This is for SCO & Samba Version? What versions are compatibilities?
>
> I probe to modify the regedit from Windows 2000 workstation   with:
> Value Name: EnablePlainTextPassword
> Data Type: REG_DWORD
> Data: 1
> Registry Key
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkStation\Param
> eters
> but don't work
>
> Can you help me please?
>
> Thanks in advanced and sorry my poor english.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ignasi

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177