Getting Samba to work from Windows clients

al pfeifer apfeifer at csgmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:44:34 GMT 2001

I am configuring Samba 2.0.7 for the initial install and have not been able
to get it to work from network clients.  This is the message I receive.  We
have different names in our Unix and Network logins so I set up a user map.
Anything I've tried has not made a difference.  I have security set to
"share".  I can connect from the AIX using smbclient.  What am I missing?

C:\WINDOWS>net use v: \\trend\alp
The password is invalid for \\TREND\ALP. For more information, contact your
network administrator.
Type the password for \\TREND\ALP:******

Error 86: The specified network password is not correct. Type the correct
password, or contact your network administrator for more information.

Type the password for \\TREND\ALP:******

Error 86: The specified network password is not correct. Type the correct
password, or contact your network administrator for more information.

C:\WINDOWS>

Please note new e-mail address is;
apfeifer at csgmail.com

Al Pfeifer